Menu

Reply To: TV compatibility report thread

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support TV compatibility report thread Reply To: TV compatibility report thread

virsago
Participant

@destinydoom I saw your post and tried it for myself. Unfortunately it didn’t work through my Yamaha RX-V377 or my new Onkyo TX-NR656. As of FW 0.76, I can at least use 240p passthrough, with both the TV and receiver recognizing the signal as 240p. Having game audio play through my receiver speakers is nice. Something strange I noticed was that the receiver and TV recognized the signal as 240p when TX Mode was set to DVI, but the receiver recognized it as 480p and the TV as 240p when set to HDMI (which also required tweaking the horizontal sample rate lower to fix an overly-jittery picture). My receiver perceives changes in the horizontal sample rate as changes in resolution. For example, going from 856 to 850 in 240p passthrough changed the signal from “DVI 240p/59” to “1440 x 240p DVI.” Maybe if I keep fooling around with the sampling options, I’ll find a way to get everything working. Unfortunately it’s all pretty foreign to me, so if anyone has any suggestions, please throw them my way.

To reiterate, this was on my Samsung UN50KU6300FXZA 4K accepting HDMI input from an Onkyo TX-NR656. The OSSC is plugged in using a DVI to HDMI cable from Amazon, and the NTSC Mega Drive’s video output is through HDRetrovision’s component cables.