Menu

Reply To: Higher sampling resolution for 480i/576i/480p/576p

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Feature Requests Higher sampling resolution for 480i/576i/480p/576p Reply To: Higher sampling resolution for 480i/576i/480p/576p

Harrumph
Participant

That’s because H.Active doesn’t increase sampling resolution. That would be H.Samplerate only. If you want to double the sampling resolution and display it in your intended way, you double both H.Samplerate and H.Active (and obviously BackP and sync needs to be appropriately adjusted). But I don’t know if this really works for 480px2 mode, because I guess the pixeldoubling would need to be turned off then (I never used this mode so I’m not sure).
Also, it doesn’t mean you actually get higher resolution, because the standard DAC rate of 480p console output is 858 total (of which active area is 720/704/640 depending on other factors). But it might look better because of horizontal blurring (every other sample will be taken on the border between two pixels).

EDIT: reading your original post again, I think I might have misunderstood what you actually want to do…