Menu

Reply To: Looking to buy a specific 4K TV – can I rely on the supported resolutions?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Looking to buy a specific 4K TV – can I rely on the supported resolutions? Reply To: Looking to buy a specific 4K TV – can I rely on the supported resolutions?

richisawesome
Participant

Heh well my previous TV, 5.1 AV receiver and rear and centre speakers are all from Richer Sounds – so that’s where I was heading anyway! And I actually sent them an email the other day about all of this and their response was that it’d be fine to bring the OSSC and a SNES in to test on the display model!

I also sent the business support helpline of LG an email asking about information on tolerances, supplied information on the OSSC and asked for a non-automated response. I got the following:

I have personally taken a look into this for you Rich, and double checked this with the senior technicians here at LG also. We would see no compatibility issue between the two devices at all, and they should line up with the tolerances of your previous set. However, as we do not manufacture the console ourselves, it may be worth contacting the console manufacturer, to ensure that the two specifications line up, and there will be no issues regarding this. From what we can see, there shouldn’t be.

Which…was not the unhelpful response I expected! Looking more and more like I’ll be getting that LG next month now!