Menu

Reply To: Looking to buy a specific 4K TV – can I rely on the supported resolutions?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Looking to buy a specific 4K TV – can I rely on the supported resolutions? Reply To: Looking to buy a specific 4K TV – can I rely on the supported resolutions?

richisawesome
Participant

Yeah that’s fine. They aren’t great images though.

I’ve been messing around with it more tonight and x4 does indeed work well. x5 is definitely a crapshoot though unfortunately. But even so, all the other modes work fine and look great so it’s not a massive issue for me when it could be the case that none worked at all.

The LG I previously owned however, make no mistake, was significantly better at displaying the image from the OSSC (aside from the fact it’s on its last legs). Its absolutely crystal clear. The 4k set isn’t to the same extent – but it’s not an issue exclusive to the OSSC. 4k content looks absolutely stunning and pin sharp, but upscaled 1080p content is not as crisp which is to be expected. Nier Automata is a good example – crystal clear at 1080p native on my old set, not so on the 4k set, but beautiful on 4k native (my PC is showing its age though)

Anyhow. One other cool feature is that the image scaling mode on the set is really good. It’s great for Super Game Boy games at least!

8:7 mode above, meaning the actual Game Boy window is closer to the aspect it should be.

And with scaling.