Menu

Reply To: Looking to buy a specific 4K TV – can I rely on the supported resolutions?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Looking to buy a specific 4K TV – can I rely on the supported resolutions? Reply To: Looking to buy a specific 4K TV – can I rely on the supported resolutions?

richisawesome
Participant

Well, thats something I noticed…Amongst other things.

It’s back in the box. I’m on hold with Currys now, and will be returning it on Monday. Sadly. Reasons:

– Global auto dimming that cannot be turned off. Ever. As I use my TV as a monitor and display for my gaming PC, this makes it unusable. Got the Firefox start page up or Google? Perfect brightness. Load up Facebook or this forum or anything with a darker theme and the entire image darkens, to a point where it’s constantly fluctuating.

– Colours are impossible to get right. I spent every day messing with it and I couldn’t get the image anywhere near as good as my old set.

– Non uniform scaling from 1080p to 4k on my PC. This is a fault with NVidia as well – no option for integer scaling. Result is a blurry mess.

– Rounded pixels.

– motion blur that seems random

It got to today after getting home from work and struggling to get the image right to enjoy a game and I just realised I would never be happy with it. I’ve put my old set back up and the difference is staggering.

So yeah…meh. The hunt goes on I guess. I’ll just buy a new graphics card instead and downsample.