Everything is working now. So nice to not have to worry about fiddling with settings anymore. Turned off video lpf for my N64 profile and set sampling phase to 202 (315 for line5x) degrees.
I also managed to take some decent enough pictures of my final results: https://imgur.com/a/PTKoC
As you can see, Mario’s nose sort of bleeds out a bit to the left, but it’s less noticeable in person. It’s basically a trade off. If I set the sampling phase one to three steps lower it’s perfect on the left but not on the right. I think I’ve found a nice middle ground now. Thanks again for taking your time to answer all my questions.