Menu

Reply To: Bringing back 480P/i w/o passthrough, issues with Dreamcast and overscan

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Feature Requests Bringing back 480P/i w/o passthrough, issues with Dreamcast and overscan Reply To: Bringing back 480P/i w/o passthrough, issues with Dreamcast and overscan

wryguy87
Participant

Unfortunately I don’t think my TV has that option. It’s a 55″ 4K Samsung set from around 2015. Will see if I can find anything relating to overscan.

For passthrough, the image looks like it has a distinctly lower level of color quality and sharpness compared to before. It feels like the HDMI signal is being passed straight to the TV and its scaler is doing all the work, resulting in a lower quality picture than what older versions of the firmware provided. You are right through that I can turn on scanlines which implies the OSSC is not just passing the signal along so maybe this is just in my head.

When I switch between passthrough and 960p though there is a very distinct difference in sharpness to the picture. 480p is blurry and 960p is sharp and pixelated.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  wryguy87.
  • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  wryguy87.