Menu

Reply To: Sync drop out when a game switches between 240p and 480i solution?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Feature Requests Sync drop out when a game switches between 240p and 480i solution? Reply To: Sync drop out when a game switches between 240p and 480i solution?

awe444
Participant

The OSSC handles these transitions as fast as anything on the market as far as I’m aware

Sorry, I wasn’t implying the OSSC doesn’t handle 240p/480i transitions well, you’re right of course it handles them faster than most if not all devices on the market. I meant to convey that since the OSSC is a passthrough device for framerate and at least one device in the OP’s described setup (e.g., monitor/display) doesn’t handle resolution and/or framerate changes well, it doesn’t matter how fast the OSSC handles said transitions, the monitor/display will always cause problems unless something is put between it and the OSSC that can handle them faster, and that almost certainly means something with framerate locking like the XPC-4 or similar (which as you’re correct to point out introduces some stutter). For the same amount of money it’s possible you can also get a better display that handles the transitions faster,