Menu

Reply To: 1920 lines horizontal sampling/output for all inputs + aspect ratio controls

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Feature Requests 1920 lines horizontal sampling/output for all inputs + aspect ratio controls Reply To: 1920 lines horizontal sampling/output for all inputs + aspect ratio controls

Thomago
Participant

Just took a look again at God of War 2; with the added clearness of the upsample2x option, it looks *suspciously* unsharp. The game might really use resampling, which makes my comparison useless.

Final Fantasy XII is actually sporting a horizontal resolution of 512 pixels, so I tried – just for the fun of it – to enable 512×576 output (I have the PAL version). Didn’t work at all; as soon as I go below H.active = 640, the picture drops and my display shows an “Out of Range” message. Same thing in Line4x mode with or without upsample2x enabled.
Any thoughts on that?

So yeah, manual adjustments might actually yield the same results as preimplemented high res sampling. So point 1.b) from the opening post is invalid; point 1.a) (“it’s a pain in the ass”) still stands. As does the whole aspect ratio control point.