Menu

Reply To: Misc. questions on RGB console cables

Home Forums General gaming Misc. questions on RGB console cables Reply To: Misc. questions on RGB console cables

Milsancho
Participant

PlayStation’s do not output clean composite sync so any clean sync PS cable you buy will be using a sync stripper.

Sure, I meant that if the sync stripper is placed in the SCART plug instead of the other end, it kind of defeats the purpose of using C-sync for the purest signals possible, since the whole cable itself is sync-on-composite-video (unless it’s sync-on-luma, which is better I guess, but that’s not specified anywhere).

Disappointingly he’s started putting sync strippers in all his cables rather than fixing the clean sync output directly.

Do you mean that he puts the circuit even in the cables which will be used on C-sync-ready consoles!? Contrarily to the one form your review, I believe mine are not like this, since I remember him explicitely asking me if I really had a non-PAL system. Since when is he doing this?

Does the Dreamcast (NTSC-J) output C-sync RGB? It doesn’t right out of the box, right?