Menu

Reply To: No HDMI audio in line4x mode on Panasonic VT60 plasma

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support No HDMI audio in line4x mode on Panasonic VT60 plasma Reply To: No HDMI audio in line4x mode on Panasonic VT60 plasma

pva
Participant

I tried toggling the audio downsampling setting from ‘2x’ (48 KHz; the default) to ‘off’ (96 KHz) and back again in Lx4 mode, but sadly, this had no effect. Maybe the v1.5 with borti’s add-on board functions a little differently from the v1.6 in this respect.

I’d say that in Lx4 mode the PQ is comparable to the Framemeister with FBX’s integer scaling profiles; that is, pin-sharp, but with less lag, of course. Lx3, on the other hand, seems a tad softer to my eye. And yes, if I change V. active from the initial 256 to 240 in order to restore the proper aspect ratio, the last line of pixels is cut off. (I’ve lowered V. synclen to 1 and V. backporch to 6.) If I leave V. active at 256, the picture is vertically centered, but slightly squished.

Furthermore, the AVR seems to freak out if I lower V. active from 256, so it seems I’m going to have to go with a direct connection to the TV and Lx3 mode in order to get both audio and the proper aspect ratio (with a slightly cut-off bottom).