Menu

Reply To: OSSC Question regarding Composite Video

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC Question regarding Composite Video Reply To: OSSC Question regarding Composite Video

fleeisme
Participant

Not all consoles have native RGB output, and it would be nice to be able to use the OSSC with those consoles without RGB support, along with not having to mod everything up to RGB and buy RGB cables for every single console.

Also, I completely understand what the video signals and differences are, component separates analog video into Luma and sync, and then the difference between blue and luma and red and luma, and S-Video is still composite video, it merely separates Luma and Chroma. I was just wondering if there was a cheap and effective work around to get forms of composite video into the OSSC for convenience and cost savings.

Especially considering the SCART connectors contain pins for composite and S-video already, if the OSSC cannot use these signals at all, that’s why I was wondering if anyone had any luck converting them in some way, that’s all.