Menu

Reply To: OSSC sync issues combined with Extron crosspoint Ultra 168

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC sync issues combined with Extron crosspoint Ultra 168 Reply To: OSSC sync issues combined with Extron crosspoint Ultra 168

darkstrider2
Participant

I did some testing with other consoles with my setup. (e.g: Consles to Extron to OSSC), and can confirm that NES, SNES, N64 doesn’t have any drops after running for awhile.

I’m inclined to believe the random drops is specific with particular systems which output 240p, e.g: CPS2, CPS3. For the CPS2 to work with the Framemesiter from my Supergun, it required a SCART to BNC w/ sync cleaner stripper to the Extron for Framemeister to display clean video (was half video/half flickering garbled before the using a adding a cleaner ciruit. The OSSC didn’t require it to work with the Extron; however the random drops has always been present.

According to the OSSC wiki, CPS2 doesn’t require specific settings; I truly wonder if that is the case; and CPS2/3 and other odd arcade boards need particular settings so it doesn’t drop sync like SNES was previously.