Menu

Reply To: Does the OSSC add audio to HDMI when audio input is disconnected?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Does the OSSC add audio to HDMI when audio input is disconnected? Reply To: Does the OSSC add audio to HDMI when audio input is disconnected?

nmalinoski
Participant

Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable to the GAME input (I think this is HDMI3) on your receiver and have the optical cable plugged in to OPTICAL1 of the receiver?

This sounds like what I’ve described my setup as–the HDMI and optical ports I’m using are both assigned to the Game input, and I can successfully toggle between HDMI and optical audio by adjusting the Audio Selection setting.

With no audio connected to the OSSC, and optical connected to the receiver, the information button (Which, sadly, only seems to show info on the receiver’s display, not the TV) reads AllCh:Stereo and PCM 2.0; so the OSSC is putting out an audio signal regardless of what it has for input?

It shouldn’t matter if there is audio over HDMI or not, your audio selection on your Onkyo receiver is what matters.

Why shouldn’t it matter? Audio over HDMI should trump audio over other inputs, and, should there not be audio over HDMI, the next-best available audio input should be used. That’s not happening here, because there seems to be a phantom audio signal on HDMI preventing the receiver from falling back on optical.