Menu

Reply To: Does the OSSC add audio to HDMI when audio input is disconnected?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Does the OSSC add audio to HDMI when audio input is disconnected? Reply To: Does the OSSC add audio to HDMI when audio input is disconnected?

nmalinoski
Participant

Have you selected priority for the input for when there are multiple audio sources? You probably need to remove it from auto. Have you also checked you are using the correct listening mode?

The priority setting, “Audio Select”, is set to HDMI; however, this setting only seems to control which audio input is used rather than any kind of priority. There is no “Auto” value available for me to switch away from–there is only HDMI, optical, and analog as choices.

You can flash the firmware without -aud. Then the OSSC should not output any audio through HDMI.

I would, but this is undesirable. Ideally, I would have, from my component AV switch, RCA audio running into the OSSC, and then optical audio running into the receiver, and whichever is connected would work (I took the switch out of the equation when reporting this; it may very well cause its own issues).