Menu

Reply To: Tips & Tweaks: Lx3, Lx4, Lx5 modes

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Tips & Tweaks: Lx3, Lx4, Lx5 modes Reply To: Tips & Tweaks: Lx3, Lx4, Lx5 modes

FBX
Participant

So I’ve been trying to hunt down optimal timings for 2x 480p mode on the XBOX component output signal and I’ve come to the conclusion that it can’t be done. Every setting of H. samplerate has some sort of interpolation. To make certain, I found raw screenshots of Capcom vs SNK 2 EO that showed the game most definitely ran in 640×448. When I zero in on the width of a groove bar and adjust H. samplerate to match it (and fine-tuning with sampling phase), I found the vertical grid lines of the groove bar were a mess from the live feed, even though the total width matched identically with the raw bitmap image. Now I will point out this technique worked flawlessly when I wanted to find the optimal timing of FFX on the PS2. Once I learned the game ran at 512×416, I based the H. samplerate on that and the pixels came into perfect clarity. This is just not working for 480p XBOX, and I’ve tried everything I can think of. I’m of the opinion that component output on the Xbox does some sort of interpolation such that you can never get perfect clarity of the pixels.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  FBX.