Menu

Reply To: Bad audio quality through SCART from Genesis (using headphone out) – OSSC 1.6

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Bad audio quality through SCART from Genesis (using headphone out) – OSSC 1.6 Reply To: Bad audio quality through SCART from Genesis (using headphone out) – OSSC 1.6

Gummi
Participant

Are you guys sure one or both of your SCART cables aren’t just poorly shielded? I would personally not trust the cable linked from eBay. Most generic cables that are not from Retrogamingcables.co.uk or Retro Console Accessories are rarely of any decent quality.
Zoomer88, is your cable from either of the two most recommended cable sellers?

I’m getting audio over HDMI from a source plugged into terminal labeled “A1 OUT/A2 IN”. It could be a phone playing music for example. Everything’s getting mixed and send over HDMI.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure you won’t get any sound into the HDMI stream from anything plugged into the “A1 OUT/A2 IN” port unless the OSSC source is set to component (A2). It should not inject sound into the stream from anything connected to A1. So you can’t just plug the 3.5 jack MD output straight into there if you are connecting the console via SCART.