Menu

Reply To: Bad audio quality through SCART from Genesis (using headphone out) – OSSC 1.6

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Bad audio quality through SCART from Genesis (using headphone out) – OSSC 1.6 Reply To: Bad audio quality through SCART from Genesis (using headphone out) – OSSC 1.6

Zoomer88
Participant

@marqs Actually, I don’t believe we have testimonials that the same happens with line out. You see, with model 1 Genesis routing audio from headphone out is considered the only viable option since miniDIN on model 1 is wired only for mono out. Even the official documentation for sega cd model 1 suggests using headphone amp or internal adio lines (audio pins on sega cd connector inside the sega Genesis console) and special cables are supplied with sega cd for that.

All aftermarket scart rgb cables designed for Model 1 would have this additional minijack dangling from the miniDIN connector, while audio pins in miniDIN itself usually not wired at all.

Also this separate headphone circuitry is considered to be superior quality (in addition to being stereophonic of course).

So it’s most likely that those reporting in this topic are extracting audio from Genesis the same way I do it.

Ironically this headphone amp on high-def midel 1 genesis is the only way (well, at least easily accesible way) to have the best audio from genesis, for model 2 and other iterations have other errors and bugs where audio is considered and reqire rather heavy hardware modifications, let alone tracking the proper modifiable model 2 revision (google genesis ccam or megaamp).

So all in all, this is a hardware limitation on OSSC 1.6’s part, I believe? There’s no hope of fixing it in software? Would it be possible to replace 1.6 with 1.5 with audio mod?