Menu

Reply To: Taito F3 Arcade Board Won't Sync With OSSC; Works with Framemeister

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Taito F3 Arcade Board Won't Sync With OSSC; Works with Framemeister Reply To: Taito F3 Arcade Board Won't Sync With OSSC; Works with Framemeister

vasilas432
Participant

After some days of testing I can tell OSSC easily destroys the framemeister in picture and color quality. Via hdmi Extron I have both upscalers playing the same content at the same time in 2 different monitors. OSSC is so so so much better. Frameister looks like garbage with washed out colors. Some pcbs aren’t even compatible with scanlines like UMK, MK2, R-Type and more. To help someone understand the difference in picture quality I tell that even my 27″ Dell monitor while displaying via OSSC can look far better than my 55″ LG oled while displaying via framemeister. If I use OSSC with the Oled (which this is my main setup)image is perfect with gorgeous scanlines. Of course the TV can play 5x at 1600×1200 without issues

Regarding Taito F3 OSSC syncs perfectly via vga input and has a great picture but framemeister has a vertical shaking and is unplayable. I bought framemeister 2 weeks ago and I remember in the first head to head comparison with OSSC there wasn’t any shaking. But now there is one. I can’t tell what happened or I may remember wrong. Despite that F3 compatibility is a framemester’s common issue, some people say they have stable sync with it.

Anyway I am very glad that F3 turned out to have a perfect picture with OSSC and in general OSSC is compatible with all pcbs that I have in my possession. Framemester has sync issues with Revenge of Death Adder but can be fixed unlike f3