Menu

Reply To: Tips & Tweaks: Lx3, Lx4, Lx5 modes

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Tips & Tweaks: Lx3, Lx4, Lx5 modes Reply To: Tips & Tweaks: Lx3, Lx4, Lx5 modes

James-F
Participant

@harrumph

Well I don’t think there is a ‘correct’ resolution when sampling an analog signal in Generic mode since the sampling rate can be anything really, just like with audio, we can sample 44kHz or 192kHz from the same analog signal.
Yes, I realize that 4:3 aspect is achieved by adjusting the image on a CRT, but most consoles from that era have more or less the same output in terms of borders and active area, that is why I had success using this method of adjusting the Generic mode.

I set my OSSC in Generic mode just like I set my Sony Trinitron CRT to accept all consoles without much overscan or underscan.
The CRT obviously has 4:3 aspect ratio and that’s what I go for with the OSSC, and it looks excellent.
I do realize that there is technically a correct calculated aspect ratio for each console but I rather have 4:3 like on my CRT which most games are designed to look correct on.