Reply To: TV compatibility report thread

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support TV compatibility report thread Reply To: TV compatibility report thread

Right, been ages since I’ve updated this so I’ll re-do this compatibility report from mid last year:

Samsung UE32K5600 32inch LED 1080p TV – 10ms from 720p Leo Bodnar tool (game mode). All consoles routed through a GSCARTSW (including the Dreamcast via Toro box).

– Line 2x/3x mode works while allowing the TV to resize the image (Just Fit/overscan) and use Game Mode
– Line 4x works, and looks crisp – unfortunately it sees it as a PC input, disabling game mode (although it’ll still be a low-latency display mode) as well as resizing options and some other useful stuff (display dimming, some picture options like “colour” etc).
– Line 5x WORKS! Initially this did NOT work, and considering I’ve had the OSSC for over a year I’ve only just realised that the sync stripper on the GSCARTSW was the culprit. Since turning the GSCART’s sync stripper off (to get 480p working for the Dreamcast via the Toro/SCART) line 5x has worked perfectly. Game mode and all picture settings are accessible, with slight cropping of the image.

PAL Megadrive (model1) 60Hz modded – YES 2-5x. Using a Packapunch CSYNC cable with the 3.5mm audio breakout.
PAL SNES (1chip) SuperCIC 60Hz modded – YES 2-5x. Using Packapunch “CSYNC” (inbuilt stripper) cable.
PAL Saturn (model2) 60Hz modded – YES 2-5x. Flawless @ 240p. RGC Sync on Luma cable.
Dreamcast @480P via SCART (Toro) – Works @ 2X, seems to crush some of the brightest shades of white (using 240p test suite) but does look good and work well.
PAL PS2 via RGB SCART – YES 2x. Flawless bob deinterlace/image
PAL PS2 via RGsB SCART (Sync on Green) – YES 2X. 480p seems to work perfectly
PAL RGB N64 (French NUS-001) – Yes 2-4x. The N64 Everdrive menu uses PAL timings (50Hz and 575i?) which only works at upto 2x mode. NTSC roms play fine on a PAL system using the Everdrive, but at 61Hz which disables game mode on the TV @ 3x. using SNES Packapunch “CSYNC” (inbuilt stripper) cable. I have no doubt that a true NTSC N64 would work fine at 5x.
Wii via RGB SCART – YES 2x. Perfect bob deinterlace at 50/60Hz, switches perfectly to 240p when NES/SNES emulators are loaded. Also tried YPbPr over a basic SCART converter and this worked, but the image was degraded somewhat.

For all my consoles (apart from 60hz/480i Wii output) I needed to adjust the V/H backporch setting slightly to centre the image. This was also the case for the Dreamcast at linedoubled DTV 480p.

I would highly recommend this TV (or latest model) for those who want a smaller gaming TV. Additionally, for those looking for a compatible capture card my Startech USB3HDCAP (basically the Micomsoft XCAPTURE1) works with most consoles upto 4X mode. The N64 only works at 3X mode.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 1 hour ago by  GameJon.