Menu

271p on Arcade PCB?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support 271p on Arcade PCB?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nmalinoski 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Charlie97L
    Participant

Hey guys! I’ve had my OSSC about six months and I’m loving it.

I do play a fair amount of arcade PCBs through it via a HAS supergun. Nearly all run perfectly right away.

I recently repaired a Data East Captain America and the Avengers, and it’s sending either:

271 or 272, 15.37KHz or 15.62KHz, and 57.44Hz

The main issue I’m having is jerky scrolling/movement. Is there an easy fix for that?

Thanks!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Your monitor is frame-converting the weird refresh rate you’re feeding it. Short of buying another monitor (and good luck finding one that will display that without conversion!), unfortunately there’s no solution.

Charlie97L
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that. Would a FrameMeister work? I’ve got one relegated to just capture at this point in my setup, but I could reroute it.

I’ll give that a try!

nmalinoski
    Participant

Would a FrameMeister work? I’ve got one relegated to just capture at this point in my setup, but I could reroute it.

Since you have one on hand, you might as well give it a shot to see if the result is acceptable to you. That said, the Framemeister, like your display, will be upsampling the 57somethingHz refresh rate to 60Hz, which will again introduce jerkiness, the difference being that the resampling is done by the Framemeister rather than your display.

On that note, I wonder if a Freesync-compatible monitor would be better able to handle wonky refresh rates like this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.