Menu

320×240 optimized always fuzzy

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support 320×240 optimized always fuzzy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  paulb_nl 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

HDL
    Participant

I’ve read that you have to adjust the sample phase when using this mode and find the sweet spot. I’ve tried every possible sample phase setting but there is always a small region of the screen that has some kind of fuzziness effect. Is this just incompatibility with my monitor?

marqs
    Participant

Which console/game are you using that with? Default parameters are set for PSX 320×240 mode, most likely you need to also tweak H.samplerate for other sources, see examples here

HDL
    Participant

I’m using NTSC Genesis. I played with the H.samplerate on 240p_L3M2 and it seems 427 does the trick. However it seems like 320×240 optimized mode cuts off part of the overscan on the right side. Any way to prevent that?

Edit: Seems like the H.active option is meant to address this, but I’m seeing discrepancies between the 240p test suite and actual gameplay with Generic 4:3 mode. In Generic 4:3 the full overscan in shown on the right, but in 320×240 optimized it will still get cut off even if I adjust the H.active value to make the overscan appear in the 240 test suite overscan test. You can also see this in the grid test by turning on the gray background.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  HDL.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  HDL.

paulb_nl
    Participant

Actually you should adjust H.synclen and H.backporch for that. Genesis seems to have 320 and 256 pixel horizontal output modes so maybe the game is using the 256 pixel mode.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.