Menu

Alternative partner devices for OSSC other than the DVDO

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Alternative partner devices for OSSC other than the DVDO

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BonzoBits 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cruzlink2
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone can list what partner devices they have used with the OSSC for normalizing the signal other than the DVDO ones. I say this cause now the DVDO devices are hard to come by so if anyone has found another easier to get alternative it be good to know :).

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I don’t think there is anything without a frame buffer, which means you’re going to be getting lag similar to, or worse than, an XRGB Mini.

BonzoBits
    Participant

How much lag do the various DVDO units add?

And speaking of the XRGB Mini, would it normalise the OSSC signal? I know this would be a mostly pointless exercise (losing the OSSC’S superior colour handling and input lag) but it would make Sexy line-triple on incompatible displays (like Panasonic plasmas :'( )

Edit: did some experimenting and the Framemeister does normalise Lx3, but the picture loses all its OSSC goodness and makes for a worthless exercise.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  BonzoBits.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.