Menu

Audio input options

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Audio input options

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  megari 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

netizensmith
    Participant

Hi,
    I could do with a better explanation regarding the audio input possibilities with the ossc. Specifically I want to know if I can use the start input on av1 for video but use a separate 3.5mm input for audio. What would be good though is some kind of grid showing the possible combinations for each input. The quickstart guide is great but it’s now out of date and the detailed wiki is confusing in the audio area and probably also out of date. If I get time I’ll find out myself through trial and error but if someone else already knows that’d be cool.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Updating the guide is on my to-do list.

Specifically I want to know if I can use the start input on av1 for video but use a separate 3.5mm input for audio.

Unfortunately no you can’t do that on 1.6.

netizensmith
    Participant

OK, plan b then!

marqs
    Participant

You may use nearer 3.5mm jack for AV1 audiu input if you set switch to “A1 OUT” position. Just make sure scart audio pins are not connected or otherwise you’re shorting 2 audio sources.

netizensmith
    Participant

A1 out for av1 in? Sounds wrong?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  netizensmith.

megari
    Participant

@netizensmith, the “A1 out” being selected simply means that the audio pin of AV1 is connected to the 3.5mm jack, so it actually does work as an input in this case. Also, the person you’re replying to, marqs, is the person who created the OSSC, so I think you can trust what he says. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.