Menu

best way to set up audio? (PS2)

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support best way to set up audio? (PS2)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nmalinoski 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

josefnpat
    Participant

So I have recently received my 1.6 (woo!) and it works just as advertised. My problem is that I’m not sure how to go about getting the audio in correctly.

I have a US PS2 FAT with component output (YPbPr + RCA R/L) – the YPbPr works just fine on the OSSC inputs, but my television won’t let me use HDMI input and RCA R/L audio input simultaneously.

I can think of 4 options:

1) I get a 5RCA->SCART connection (can someone please confirm that this would work, and if so where I can source this part?) and use AV1
    2) I get an HDMI Audio embedder/inserter (thus bypassing the audio around the OSSC completely) and use AV2
    3) I get a DVI Audio embedder/inserter and find an HDMI->DVI converter (only reason to do this instead of 2 is that it is slightly cheaper) and use AV2
    4) I get a component to VGA (Not sure if this would degrade the signal on a PS2) with RCA R/L to 3.5 stereo and use AV3.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a US consumer to go about this, or perhaps a better option?

TL;DR: I want to get 5RCA into HDMI with sound using the OSSC, halp?

Thanks for your time.
    -Seppi

Morpheus_79
    Participant

How about:

5) Use the component input (YPbPr) on the OSSC… as before… and feed the audio into the OSSC on the “A1 OUT/A2 IN” connector via RCA R/L to 3.5 stereo adapter.

That’s what the “A1 OUT/A2 IN” connector is there for. You can use it as analogue audio output connector to pass through audio from “AV1” (SCART)… OR you can use it as audio input connector for “AV2” (Component/YPbPr). As written in the Wiki:

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC#AV1_audio

AV1 audio

Analog audio from SCART input is bypassed to a 3.5mm stereo output jack next to video output connector. On v1.6 boards the jack alternatively functions as AV2 audio input, selectable via a miniature switch.

… you have to use the miniature switch (on the right side of the “A1 OUT/A2 IN” 3.5 mm jack) to switch between A1-out/pass-trough and A2-in mode.

josefnpat
    Participant

@morpheus_79 – this is exactly why I posted my question on the forum, thank you very much. This is the cheapest and best solution by far, thank you – I’m going to order a 3.5mm -> RCA L/R, and report back asap to how it works.

nmalinoski
    Participant

This is the cheapest and best solution by far, thank you – I’m going to order a 3.5mm -> RCA L/R, and report back asap to how it works.

This is how I currently have my PS2s connected to my OSSC, and it works just fine; just need to remember to flip SW4, because it ships by default as audio breakout for AV1.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.