Menu

Can't get my OSSC to output Component signal.

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Can't get my OSSC to output Component signal.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nmalinoski 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bunta
    Participant

Hello,I have an issue with my OSSC. I can use it for SCART or VGA inputs and I have no problems getting an output signal that way. The trouble is when I try to hook up a component signal to the device I never can get a signal or sync. I’ve tried the PS2 and the Xbox 360 via component with no luck.

nmalinoski
    Participant

Apologies if any of these questions sound dumb or basic.

Is the OSSC input set to AV2 YPbPr?
    In the System Settings of the PS2, is Component Video set to YPbPr? (Check with a composite cable)
    Does the LED on the OSSC stay red when you turn your consoles on?
    Is the green wire definitely going into the green socket on the OSSC?

Bunta
    Participant

I actually had the green and blue wires mixed up going into my OSSC! Fixed and working now!

nmalinoski
    Participant

Huzzah! Yes, always check your cables first.

In college, I was relayed a version of a story about either a CS student taking a test or a job applicant being evaluated (this works for either). His task was to troubleshoot a laser printer. He spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure it out before finally giving up. The problem? One of the cables was pulled out only just enough to not make a connection, but otherwise looked connected. :/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.