Menu

Custom Horizontal Sampling for 240p/288p Content

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Custom Horizontal Sampling for 240p/288p Content

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jamesfmackenzie 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jamesfmackenzie
    Participant

Because of the unusual width, I’ve also had issues capturing Atari ST Medium resolution (640×200).

I’m hoping the OSSC (with its capability for custom horizontal sampling rates) can help me with this.

However looking at the docs on JunkerHQ, it seems horizontal sampling is only adjustable for 480p content:

“Selectable sampling configuration for 480p input: DTV-480p or VGA 640×480”

Can you confirm if custom sampling is supported for 240p/288p content and whether it could help me with Atari ST Medium res at 640×200?

Thanks!

Harrumph
    Participant

It’s in the sampling options/advanced timing
    http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/OSSC#Advanced_timing_tweaker

jamesfmackenzie
    Participant

Ah, great! So can you confirm that this custom sampling will work for 240p/288p input? I don’t have an OSSC to confirm myself (yet!!)

Harrumph
    Participant

No, I don’t have an Atari ST. Theoretically, the OSSC should do it fine, it’s more up to the display if it would work.

jamesfmackenzie
    Participant

Thanks! I intend to pump the output through a Micomsoft sc-512n1-l/dvi, which should be generous on the timing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.