Menu

Dreamcast sync issues w/ firmware 0.77a

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Dreamcast sync issues w/ firmware 0.77a

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marqs 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

aallgod
    Participant

Hello,

When I had recently updated to the latest OSSC w/ audio board upgrade firmware (0.77a), I began to have sync issues with the Dreamcast through the OSSC. I have it hooked up through VGA, going into the AV3 port on the OSSC. I am running it in RGBHV mode on an LG 55b6p TV. I set it to linemult mode 2 (3-5 are not supported, according to my unit). Games can display for a few minutes just fine, but will then start to intermittently lose sync, with the screen blinking to black on and off. This increases for a few minutes in frequency until it finally stays black for good. I was specifically testing Skies of Arcadia and Soul Calibur.

I had no issues with 0.76a firmware, so I just flashed back to it for now. Do you think there new features added in 0.77a that are perhaps set to on by default that the Dreamcast simply doesn’t like?

Sorry, I am a bit of a newbie to the OSSC. The Dreamcast has been the only problematic system thus far for me with the new update. All other systems work well and smooth with no sync drops.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Are you using the recommended settings for Dreamcast as per the wiki?

marqs
    Participant

Which VGA module you are using, and is it set to VGA (480p) mode? Have you tried any other RGBHV source?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.