Menu

Dropouts with BenQ monitor

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Dropouts with BenQ monitor

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  y0da 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mobiusman
    Participant

Hi all, I’m having a weird issue with my OSSC that I’m not sure how to diagnose, so hopefully one of you can help. In short, I am getting a black screen that lasts a couple of seconds, and occurs roughly every 40 minutes with no obvious cause.

• Firmware: 0.71 (I will upgrade to 0.73 once I can get a spare sd card)
    • Monitor model: BenQ RL2460HT
    • Inputs tested: Wii component 480p, Gamecube RGB ~263p (game boy interface)
    • Output tested: 480p
    • Settings: Analog sync LPF 2.5MHz – necessary for stable sync on some GBA games

I tested passing the signal through to an SC512 capture card, and when the dropout happened on the monitor it did not also happen on the recording. So the OSSC itself is not losing sync. I am a novice with a lot of this stuff, so maybe there is just a simple setting I need to change.

Thanks for any light you can shed.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Mobiusman.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Hmm.. tried a different HDMI/DVI cable?

Mobiusman
    Participant

I tried a new HDMI cable this morning but had the same problem.

Mobiusman
    Participant

Update: I found out I had TX mode set to DVI instead of HDMI. I’m not completely sure if this was the problem, but I played some games today without any dropouts so fingers crossed!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Interesting that should make a difference, I would suggest that was a bug in the monitors F/W if that’s the case.

Mobiusman
    Participant

Update #2: after more testing, the TX mode was not the problem. However updating to the latest firmware does seem to have fixed it, so all’s well that ends well.

Calle W
    Participant

I’m thinking of picking this monitor up in the near future. Have you experienced any dropouts with it the last week? I’m guessing not since there hasn’t been any updates in this thread, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. The monitor is excellent for SSBM, so I’m looking forward to using it.

y0da
    Participant

I am using a RL2755HM. No issues so far except for games that switches resolutions ( Resident Evil 2 PAL on N64)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.