Menu

Firmware 0.73

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Firmware 0.73

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  slampt 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

marqs
    Participant

Uploaded fw. 0.73 which has only minor changes:
    * Fixed adv. timing tweaker using previous values when updating parameters
    * Added “hsync tolerance” option to allow detection of some Neo-Geo models (needs to be adjusted to >9.5us with H-PLL coasts of 3)

slampt
    Participant

Sweet, I just updated to 0.72 and my Neo-Geo AES started to flicker images on the screen ever so briefly. I will give this a go now! πŸ™‚
    Thanks Marqs!

slampt
    Participant

Nope no joy on 0.73 adjusting those values πŸ™

paulb_nl
    Participant

Does it have stable sync on your OSSC and does the LO on the info screen give a stable value? Can you also try to use a monitor?

marqs
    Participant

You have AES connected directly to AV1, and the character display still says “NO SYNC” after increasing hsync tolerance beyond 9.5us?

L-Digital
    Participant

Hey it works!

Thanks for putting this together

I it works as low as 8.30us on the MV-1FZ

All my consoles now work 100% now

Thank you marqs!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  L-Digital.

slampt
    Participant

Hey marqs,

Sorry I should of recorded what the output was. I am getting Sync now but it isn’t asn’t jumping around as much as it was.
    I tried increasing the hsync tolerance beyond 9.5us (as far as I could go too) but still made no difference. πŸ™
    The image pops up sometimes. I will get the details for you ASAP.

Thanks again.

slampt
    Participant

Ok, so it jumps all over the place.

AV1: RGBS 264p, 263p, 400i, 576p etc
    15.71-3kHz 59.56Hz-7862Hz

NO SYNC jumps up a few times too. Happy to send the vid if you want of the input changing all the time.
    I tried increasing the hsync as above but still get the same result. πŸ™

marqs
    Participant

That sounds similar to what Jaguar apparently does in PAL mode (odd-odd sync signaling). Is that PAL or NTSC AES and which kind of cable it uses?

slampt
    Participant

Hey Marqs,

I will have to check. My AES has a uni-bios installed. I am using a scart cable that came with my unit.
    Will provide more details when I get home. Anything you can recommend I try?

TIA!

L-Digital
    Participant

After a bit of testing it seems that I can’t get a situation where one problem does not replace another. It seems that adjusting the h-pll post coast 2+ which is required to straighten the top of the screen on neo geo causes snes to intermittently desync for a split second ever now and then. is this a bug or something that can be worked out?

L-Digital
    Participant

If this is normal I think if there were profiles for each input I could route the neo geo via av3 so it has its own set of custom settings.

Do we know when profiles will be available?

slampt
    Participant

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

After a bit of testing it seems that I can’t get a situation where one problem does not replace another. It seems that adjusting the h-pll post coast 2+ which is required to straighten the top of the screen on neo geo causes snes to intermittently desync for a split second ever now and then.

Correct, h-pll values must be default for the SNES.

marqs
    Participant

Profiles are next on the list of planned features, so they should be available on next fw version. They won’t be input specific, though, but there’ll be plenty of profile slots to use for saving various configurations.

My Neo-Geo AES os a neo-o (NTSC)
    If you have a chance to try it with AV3 (e.g. via sync strike), it could work if it is same issue than with PAL Jaguar. Alternatively, if you have a scope and can post picture showing vblank portion of sync signal (like this), it is possible to verify if it’s the same root cause.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  marqs.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.