Menu

Flickering picture with the SNES/N64

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Flickering picture with the SNES/N64

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BuckoA51 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

nicolahu
    Participant

Hi folks,
    i am not really expirienced with the OSSC. The problem is that the picture is somewhat unstable. I get a picture for 2-3 seconds then it disappears and after a random time it is here again. This goes so on forever, now my question is, is there a way to get a stable picture?
    Thx a lot in advance
    My config:
    Super Famicom
    N64 PAL
    Philips 55PUS6482

Morpheus_79
    Participant

Does the red LED of your OSSC turns on while the picture is gone?

nicolahu
    Participant

No, when i play with some settings sometimes it gets better or worse. But it is more guessing than knowing. Funny is that the TV has a constant signal on x5 mode. Otherwise no

Morpheus_79
    Participant

Is it possible for you to test another HDMI cable and another TV to rule ’em both out as source of those problems?

nicolahu
    Participant

I tested another cable and TV, other my computer monitor has no problem. My brother his OSSC makes the same on my TV. But because there is a picture i hope there is a way to get it permantly

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I could understand that with a SNES/SFC but a n64 is more unusual. Do you have any other consoles you could try?

nicolahu
    Participant

So i tested some consoles, that i have to hand, more in depth:
    PC Engine 60Hz, works fine
    SNES PAL, works fine
    N64 PAL, high-res doesnt work (used by some games and the 64drive) other games work fine but onlx x3 upwards
    Super Famicom, doesnt work

The N64 was tested only with the 64drive, i tried it now with a normal game and it worked

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Sounds like your TV has quite unusual compatibility. Try using the Line 2x (bob) mode for interlace content if your TV won’t handle it passed through.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.