Menu

How print my PCB?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – DIY Kit support How print my PCB?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Raph_friend 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Raph_friend
    Participant

Hi, marqs.

First of all i want thank you for your project and all the time that you spend with it and the comunity.

Now, my problem 🙁

I want print the PCB to make my own board, so i decided to send all in your host (https://www.niksula.hut.fi/~mhiienka/ossc/diy-v1.5/) to oshpark.com, but i received this information from the staff:

“Hi Raph,

I’m afraid not. 🙁 We need either the original .kicad_pcb file or the gerbers and drill file exported by that file from PCBNew, which is the board layout part of KiCad. The PDFs and PNGs don’t give us enough location information and they won’t work when we add them to a panel with other designs.

Jenner.”

So, i ask you if you can provide this files that the site need to print the PCB.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  BuckoA51. Reason: posted in wrong forum

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

We sell the bare boards and cases in our store, it will likely be just as economical to order one of those – https://www.videogameperfection.com/products/source-converter-barebones/

marqs
    Participant

Yes, OSHPark has minimum order of 3 PCBs so unless you plan on making multiple boards, getting a kit will save your time and money.

Raph_friend
    Participant

I’m a almost graduated computer engineer (last year) and i really want to test this site for future projects, so, if possible, i wish you can provide what they need, since this is an open source project.

And yes, i wish make multiple boards for me and family.

Thanks again!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Providing that would also make it very trivial for e.g Chinese companies to start producing cheap clones of OSSC. Understandably we’d rather avoid that, not just because we’re greedy or whatever you might think, but then we’d be getting support requests for hardware we had no idea of the quality of. Though ultimately it’s up to Markus, I’d rather people just bought the barebones kit, I’m sure you understand.

marqs
    Participant

That’s the main concern, but I’ve provided gerbers to some people on request so please contact me directly (mhiienka[at]niksula.hut.fi) if you are planning to make/order PCBs yourself.

Raph_friend
    Participant

I understand, but i can prove that i’m a just regular student that want learn how to play with own stuff.

Thanks all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.