Menu

Instant screensaver function?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Feature Requests Instant screensaver function?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SirRockALot 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

triple_lei
    Participant

For worrywarts like me who don’t want burn-in on their new 4K TV. The way I see it, I could activate the pattern for like two seconds during a game’s loading screen every hour or so. Would that be enough to prevent burn-in?

SirRockALot
    Participant

That makes about as much sense as running into the shade for two seconds every hour to prevent sunburn…

nmalinoski
    Participant

As I understand it, OLED’s problem is more image retention than the kind of permanent burn-in plasmas were known for.

Your best bets are to either deal with it or pick up a TCL S or P series, and then trade up for a MicroLED if/when that tech comes out in a few years.

SirRockALot
    Participant

nmalinoski
    Participant

Allow me to rephrase: my understanding is that OLEDs do not have as bad of a permanent burn-in problem as plasmas were known for; I did not intend to suggest they do not suffer from burn-in at all.

SirRockALot
    Participant

At the very least I can understand worrying about it. ~50% of my gaming diet is in 4:3 and I really wonder if after a year or two this means the center of the screen will be noticeably dimmer as the sides. Or imagine one always uses the same scanline settings. Guess after a while you have scanlines on everything 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.