Menu

Issue with Component and my capture card.

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Issue with Component and my capture card.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Calle W 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mythic
    Participant

When using Component input with my capture card, here is the issue I get.

Youtube Link

The passthrough cuts off half the video and the Line 2x is very unstable and not very watchable. I used the PS2 home screen, but it’s way worse in games. Both passthrough and Line 2x work perfectly fine on my monitor. Anyone possibly have any ideas on how to fix this? The capture card has no issues with the RGB from both my Snes and N64 and works up to Line4x.

This is the capture card I use.

Amazon Link

— Just tested a PS1 game through my PS2 and it works just fine on Linex4 with no jittering.
    — Also tested a PS2 game in Progressive mode by holding X and Triangle at startup. Works perfect on LineX2 in Progressive.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Mythic.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Mythic.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Jittering is normal for fast deinterlacing. Perhaps your capture card doesn’t support 480i via HDMI/DVI?

Mythic
    Participant

It does support it

It also works fine if I just connect it via the component adapter that it came with, but obviously not upscaled.

Calle W
    Participant

I have this issue with 480i passthrough too. I’m using a Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, which I know marqs uses. I posted about this issue on the shmups forums as well. Haven’t tried to get it to work, since I just assumed the card doesn’t support 480i over HDMI/DVI.

EDIT: The issue is exactly the same on my old BenQ G2400WD. 480i passthrough does not seem to work at all with the BenQ RL2460HT.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  Calle W.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.