Menu

Issues getting 3x or 4x working

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Issues getting 3x or 4x working

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  theoddtech 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

theoddtech
    Participant

I just got the OSSC 1.6, and line doubling on all consoles works fine, but I can’t get 3x or 4x to show up at all on my TV. I have a Sony KDL-60W630B, and using a PC I can set the resolution to 960×720 and 1280*960, and it works fine. I tried following the settings here https://www.videogameperfection.com/forums/topic/tips-tweaks-lx3-lx4-lx5-modes/ with no effect. Anyone have any tips?

Harrumph
    Participant

Unfortunately, the Sony W-series are simply incompatible with the increased linecounts of x3-5 modes.

theoddtech
    Participant

Well that sucks. This TV is great in every other regard, and I was really looking forward to this. At 2x the TV is still doing some scaling magic that makes N64 still look not great. Blargg. Is there anything else I could/should add into the mix to help? Like a DVDO or something? (I have no idea if that would even make a difference)

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

A VP50 or VP50 pro would make it compatible up to Line 3x.

Harrumph
    Participant

Lx5 works too doesn’t it?
    Anyway, if you want more info check this VGP thread. It’s also discussed quite a lot in the shmups thread but you’ll probably need to do a search because the thread is so long by now.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Oh yes Line 5x does work, though heavily overscanned on a 1080p TV of course.

theoddtech
    Participant

Oh, I hadn’t even tried 5x – I’ll give that a shot, thanks!

theoddtech
    Participant

And I just realized you meant through a VP50.. which i just bought on ebay.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.