Menu

Issues updating OSSC Firmware

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Issues updating OSSC Firmware

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marqs 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dracosavarian
    Participant

Getting pretty frustrated with this. I’ve scoured the internet, have looked all over, and basically, everything boils down to, use a 2gb Micro SD card (Not HC or XC, etc) or else it won’t work.

Thinking that the issue was fixed based on a post I saw saying that firmware revisions 74 and up fixed this issue, I went out and hoped that buying an 8 SDHC card would work.

Sadly, no luck. The OSSC is on Firmware 0.73 and refuses to recognize the SD Card. Other forums I looked at down the road basically said that I absolutely MUST HAVE a Micro SD card 2 gigs or less in order to do this update. And it cannot be HC or XC etc. Only AFTER the OSSC is updated to firmware 0.74 or higher, will it recognize higher capacity SD Cards.

So which is it? I’m admittedly and unfortunately getting quite frustrated as I cannot afford to be buying Micro SD cards that won’t work to resolve this issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I’m kind of at my wits end here. I didn’t expect the firmware update process to be so troublesome for this device. 🙁

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

SDHC support was added in firmware v0.74, so if you’re on less than 0.74 you will need a 2gb or less MicroSD.

You’re on 0.73, so you will need a 2gb or less MicroSD.

marqs
    Participant

A cheap USB Blaster -compatible JTAG programmer is also an option.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.