Menu

Jamma support?

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Jamma support?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  karl 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jordi
    Participant

Sorry for the dumb question, but is it possible to use my OSSC to connect a Jamma board to my TV or monitor?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Basically yes.. compatibility will depend on the TV and JAMMA board you’re using.

jordi
    Participant

Thanks! I already use the OSSC with a SFC and works great on my TV. Jamma is an american SSF2T (384 x 224), is it as easy as connecting RGB pins from the jamma harness into the RGB input of the OSSC?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Probably not, I’m no expert in Jamma but I thought a Supergun was required to provide the right sync and voltage levels for consumer gear.

marqs
    Participant

I’d recommend getting a supergun. You can hook your JAMMA board to scart input without external devices as well, but you’ll then probably need pots on RGB lines and ~470ohm series resistor on 5V TTL sync line.

jordi
    Participant

Thanks for your answers, seems a supergun would be the best solution then

karl
    Participant

Hi,

Currently I’m using a supergun to connect arcade PCBs to various televisions via a SCART cable. The results are quite variable, some televisions do not pick up on the 16kHz output signal at all, others display correctly with part of the image cut off. Can the OSSC be used (between the tv and the supergun) to increase the output frequency so that the television can display the video correctly?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Are we talking an old-school CRT TV here or a HDTV/flatscreen?

karl
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Preferably I’d like to use it with both flatscreens and CRTs. The two CRTs that I tried were the ones that didn’t pick anything up, the LCD ones of various ages seem better (i guess because they’re newer?). Does it work better with one type than the other?

JackafurSRL
    Participant

It works well with my MVS (MV1T) but I use a supergun. My setup is Neo-Geo > Super Gun > scart cable > gscartsw (scart switch) > VGA > OSSC.

karl
    Participant

Thanks JackafurSRL, I think I’ll take the plunge…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.