Menu

My 480p signals doubled to 960p look awful. TV problem or missing something on O

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support My 480p signals doubled to 960p look awful. TV problem or missing something on O

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ClarkDV 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ClarkDV
    Participant

My tv looks great doing 480p pass through for systems like Dreamcast, Xbox, GameCube, etc. But when doubled to 960p it looks horrifiyingly scaled and the color gets way desaturated. Is this just incompatible with my tv? It seemed like it should not be because 240p quadrupled to 960p worked perfectly, but maybe it’s different with 480p signals.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

480p Line 2x isn’t for everyone, it does make the picture very over-sharpened and can even work against some games built-in anti aliasing.

Have you tried the “Allow upsample2x” option under sampling opt?

ClarkDV
    Participant

Fixed it! Shenmue 2 on my DC looks amazing!

ClarkDV
    Participant

Actually, idk. The Dreamcast looks better. Xbox still weird. Maybe I just don’t like the look of it lol. 480p still looks great.

JoeTheUseless
    Participant

I’m not sure but i just completed Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii and it looked incredible in x2 480P mode

ClarkDV
    Participant

Bucko, I’m super particular about resolutions and stuff I always notice the most minute differences. I know what the doubled should look like. That being said, I think it just comes down to my tv. The fact that 960 looks “scaled” and just ODD as well as the desaturation just makes me think my TV is goofy. Im using a Samsung F8500 plasma.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.