Menu

Need help to get SNES working

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support Need help to get SNES working

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BuckoA51 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

LeGionellz
    Participant

Hi all,

I received my OSSC yesterday and I can’t get my SNES to work on my Sony HDMI TV (an oldie, 5-7 yrs). When I turn on the OSSC I get a sort of a testscreen (with grey fields, etc) and when I turn on my SNES, the TV screen turns black. On the OSSC display, I see that there is sync and the light turns green. So it seems to recognize the signal.

When can I do to get this working ? I have been reading a lot of older posts on several forums, but can’t find any helpful info. Would be great if there is a FAQ, or and overview of options that I should fiddle with. Or if I need a certain FW that is more compatible, that’s also fine (I read that somewhere)

Many thanks in advance for your help !

paulb_nl
    Participant

Which cable are you using? What kind of SNES (PAL/NTSC)? Is the screen on the TV completely black so no OSD text?

Would be great if there is a FAQ, or and overview of options that I should fiddle with

You have not read the Essential resources on this forum?

LeGionellz
    Participant

I’m using a csync cable, also tried a regular one and a component cable. Csync is the one that should work for sure.

The snes is NTSC (snes mini) and the screen turns completely black when I switch it on. So no text or anything about a signal.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Have you tried a different display? Some TVs are not compatible with SNES and OSSC.

LeGionellz
    Participant

I don’t have another display, but are you saying that a black screen means that my display is not compatible with the OSSC, period ? So it’s no use to try different settings ?

paulb_nl
    Participant

A black screen could also mean the RGB signal is not reaching the OSSC but it would be strange if both your scart and component cable are not working.

Sync LPF is the main setting to try. Can you also try to connect a composite video cable to the green AV2 connector and see if you get something on the TV?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Have you tried another console besides your SNES?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.