Menu

New OSSC user – Need support

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support New OSSC user – Need support

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kasumi69 2 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kasumi69
    Participant

Hello. A few weeks ago i Got my ossc and have been using it and it has been great.

I’m not sure if the default settings are the ideal settings for playing games but i read online that there are a lot of settings that can be tweeked in order to improve picture quality. At the moment I only know how to use the line multiplier and scan line increase/decrease features, I’m not too familiar with the other stuff.

I have noticed though, that when i play my snes, the screen on the OSSC says 262p, and when I play my gamecube with component cables, it says 525p.

i’m not entirely sure whats going on but isn’t it suppose to say 240p and 480p for snes and gamecube respectively? I’m using component cables for both consoles.

also, are the default settings good for playing? or should i make some adjustments. I’m playing on a vga crt monitor using the ossc and a hdmi to vga adapter.

nmalinoski
    Participant

I have noticed though, that when i play my snes, the screen on the OSSC says 262p, and when I play my gamecube with component cables, it says 525p.

i’m not entirely sure whats going on but isn’t it suppose to say 240p and 480p for snes and gamecube respectively?

Nope. What you see is correct.

The OSSC’s LCD shows total line counts. 240p refers to the number of visible lines in the frame, but the frame from that mode may have anywhere from 261 to 263 lines. Likewise, 480p has 480 visible lines, but 525 total.

also, are the default settings good for playing?

The defaults are good for most people. If everything looks good to you, there’s no need to go messing around in the settings.

kasumi69
    Participant

ah i see. thank you for the information. i won’t touch the settings in that case. been enjoying it a lot actually. love gaming on a crt =)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.