Menu

no image for N64 and PS1

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support no image for N64 and PS1

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  townleyma 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

townleyma
    Participant

I have a megadrive/32x and snes that work as i get image and sound using a scart but when i try the n64 or ps1 i get only audio using composite cable. I also trieds the snes scart cable but again only got sound.

I also have a special cable for the n64 that uses s-video and when i run this through a bandridge scart selector https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bandridge-Performance-Automatic-Selector-Switching/dp/B0015YYN2Q/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1506261736&sr=8-7&keywords=scart+selector

I get sound and a very dull barely visible poor image.

Both devices are unmodded and PAL and i also have a normal n64 composite cable that produces sound and no image.

The sound comes from the ossc and it does not say lost sync and the led stays green, also tried devices with and without the selector using a composite to scart adapter.

I read a post that was similar but for another device that seemed to suggest lack or RGB support through the converter and scart selector?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

OSSC supports RGB and Component video (ypbpr) only, you cannot attach composite video sources.

For your SNES and PS1 this is simply a matter of buying a properly wired RGB SCART cable, for the N64 a mod is required.

rebrove
    Participant

If you have a multi-adapter (PS2/PS3/Xbox/Xbox 360) plug that has both component and a composite output I’ve found that you can use it to get RGB out of the PS1 by plugging in the composite line in place of the green one on the OSSC, which will give it the sync on green that AV2’s RGsB is trying to find.

I guess if you had a plug that was just the PS1/2/3 that had outputs for component and composite both you could use that as well, it just needs to tap pin 6 on the A/V connector would offer the sync.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

That sounds a little… odd that it would work like that.

Why not just get a proper RGB cable for your PS1?

rebrove
    Participant

Of course he should get a proper RGB cable for it to get the best possible picture, but I was offering it as more of a temporary solution that works. It’s not uncommon to have at least one of those Madcatz-branded squids with rgb/s-video/composite connectors on one end and adapters for Xbox/360 and PS2/PS3 on the other lying around in a big box of old cables.

townleyma
    Participant

Thanks for the reply’s, i am genuinely gutted about the N64 and lack of rgb support. Looks like its a further mod for that. I can quite happily buy a ps1 rgb cable.

The N64 is a model that requires a worthington board 🙁

Anyway thank you for the information

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.