Menu

No Sound from Hdmi

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support No Sound from Hdmi

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  vmorr 6 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Rizi
    Participant

Hi, I got my ossc yesterday and it works great regarding the video
    But I can’t get any Audio from Hdmi

I tried 2 different consoles
    N64 NTSC RGB mod and Gamecube PAL
    with 2 different RGB Cables on 2 different TVs (Samsung 4K LED and an older Samsung HD ready)

I only get Audio from the A1 out 3.5mm output

I also tried different line multiplication modes

What can I do so I have audio from the hdmi out?

megari
    Participant

If you’ve upgraded the firmware, please make sure it is an audio enabled version, that is, 0.78a or 0.79a.
    Make sure that the TX mode setting set to HDMI. This should be the default for OSSC 1.6, though.
    Try and see if changing the audio downsampling setting helps.
    If you haven’t tried this already, try resetting the settings and saving the profile.

Rizi
    Participant

Thanks for your help
    Currently I have firmware 0.78a, I have not upgraded or done anything like that

Tx mode is Hdmi

Audio downsampling option did not change anyrhing when I tried it.

I will try if resetting helps, what do you mean by saving the Profile?

Thanks again

megari
    Participant

@rizi There is an option for saving your settings to a profile slot. It is near the “Reset settings” menu item.

j3356
    Participant

I have a similar problem with the audio not coming through the hdmi in on my xbox one.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

If you have tried multiple TVs it’s also possible you have a faulty unit in which case we’ll RMA it for you.

Rizi
    Participant

I now have also tried a third TV and different settings but I still can’t get no sound from the Hdmi port
    I have now firmware 0.78a (did not change or update anything since I got it)
    Should I try 0.79a, is there a possibility that it will help?

Maybe it is just a faulty unit :/

So what do I have to do to get a replacement unit?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Drop me an e-mail via the contact form and I’ll sort it for you.

vmorr
    Participant

I’m thinking mine has issues too, just set up. Genesis/CD/32X stack with a SCART cable from RGC. Is this common?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

No, so far only two units have had this issue.

vmorr
    Participant

Ok. I believe all my settings should be correct, tried playing around with a few options and reset the settings once as well. I’ll try another TV and Genesis later today.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

okay thanks, if you still have problems get in touch so we can sort a return/replacement.

vmorr
    Participant

Sorry for the delay! Just hooked up my OSSC to another TV with a different Genesis console and still no sound sadly. All that’s audible is a high pitched hum that seems to change with whatever is displayed on screen (both TVs). Will send a PM.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.