Menu

No Sync Intellivision

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support No Sync Intellivision

This topic contains 32 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  marqs 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

grips03
    Participant

Does OSSC need status RGB signal (pin 16) in order to work with AV1/RGBS selected?

I have Intellivision with RGB connected to XRGB2. It displays fine on Sony TV.

I switch to my Euro SCART cable and connect it to OSSC and OSSC says no sync. Same Euro SCART cable works with my Odyssey 2 console, so not sure what the problem is.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

No OSSC doesn’t need that pin connected. Those consoles definitely outputting RGB? (I guess yes since you said you had them working on an XRGB2 as well, but doesn’t hurt to check).

grips03
    Participant

Yes, Intellivision is outputting RGB using RGB mod board. It syncs using Sony PVM or XRGB2, just not OSSC. Let know what to do. I have scope if needed.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Did you try adjusting Hsync tolerance under Sync opt.?

grips03
    Participant

Yes, just tried tonight. Same result. Anything else to try?

KylJoy
    Participant

I have this same issue. My OSSC will not sync to my RGB modded Intellivision (AV1) but my Intellivision works fine on my xRGB-mini. I have upgraded to 0.79a. How would I know what to set the many menu Sync options to for the Intellivision? Any ideas?

marqs
    Participant

@grips03 if you have a scope, could you probe sync output of the mod board and take a capture of vsync (typically 3 scanlines) and some lines before and after it? You could also try increasing HPLL pre and post coast to 3 or 4 in sync menu to see if it helps.

grips03
    Participant

I tried HPLL pre and post coast at 3 and 4. Still no sync.

I can take picture of sync signal. Is there a certain spot to take picture of? I have Rigol 1102E.

marqs
    Participant

Just use pulse trigger with “wider than” function on the negative pulse to lock to vsync.

KylJoy
    Participant

Below is a picture of my RGB modded Intellivision’s sync pulse on my ancient oscilloscope.

I set the scope so that the vertical was .5v per CM (between each line) and 0 volts was at the bottom

Here is a picture of the calibration on the scope:

calibration

Then I set the time (horizontal) to 5 uS while looking at sync signal:

Sync signal

I am not an expert on video so please let me know what else it would make sense to look at.

Thanks!

KylJoy
    Participant

Anyone?

marqs
    Participant

Your capture looks like horizontal sync signal. I assume that sync line is unloaded as it shows around 3.3Vpp. It’d help if you can redo the measurement with 75ohm load, preferably capturing vblank portion of the composite sync (like here) if possible.

KylJoy
    Participant

I am using the board referenced in the article at:

http://retrorgb.com/intellivision.html

My board is this one:

My RGB Board

I am using the “R”, “G”, and “B” lines of the outputs (for RGB, of course) as well as the second “G” (ground) and the “S” line which is the line showing the sync pulse I posted earlier. I have tried using the “V” output as sync but nothing will work then. Also, I have never been able to find any relevant signal being produced from the “V” output. I initially assumed this was composite video out and attempted to use that output for sync to my xRGBmini (pin 3 of the xRGB input port) but it did not work. The “S” line produces an excellent image. Perhaps I am doing something fundamentally wrong. I do not know how to get the signal you are asking me to take an image of. From where should I take the reading? I do not know where to get “composite sync” from the board I have.

grips03
    Participant

connect scope to S.

KylJoy
    Participant

Yes, that is what I posted earlier images from, the “S” output. Here are two more images taken with my new scope from the “S” output (still no load):

New Scope Sync Image 1

New Scope Sync Image 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.