Menu

No Sync Intellivision

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support No Sync Intellivision

This topic contains 32 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  marqs 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

grips03
    Participant

I think you need to adjust period in to show more signal. Like in marqs post above.

marqs
    Participant

@kyljoy You should capture vblank section of the signal as well. As you see from above captures, hsync is around 5us so you’ll need to set trigger mode to pulse and (negative) width threshold e.g. to around >10us.

KylJoy
    Participant

Finally got back to this. Is this helpful?

Intellivision RGB Mod Sync Output:
    Vertical Sync

NTSC Test Signal Generator Output:
    NTSC Test Signal

marqs
    Participant

There are no hsync pulses around vsync which is likely to be problem – that’s something I’ve not seen with any other console. You can try increasing H-PLL pre and post coast values to 4 or 5 but I’m afraid that may not help if the digitizer doesn’t recognize the signal as proper sync.

KylJoy
    Participant

I’ll give that a shot. Thanks for the info!

grips03
    Participant

I tried that before and it did not work. Would it help to mail you a console?

KylJoy
    Participant

Yes, messing with those settings did not work.

There must be a way to get this to sync with the OSSC. What else can we try? Can the firmware be altered to accomodate this sync signal?

Thanks again.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Who makes those Intellivision RGB boards by the way? Perhaps they can chip in, if there’s something wrong with the design they maybe didn’t realise at the time and it can be improved.

grips03
    Participant

Bruce Abbott and Fred Kono make them. They both do the same thing. Both work to Sony PVM via RGB and other RGB to HDMI adapters. Just not OSSC. Both adapters provide RGB and composite sync.

marqs
    Participant

Unfortunately there’s not much to be done on the firmware side if digitizer frontend cannot lock on the sync. TVP7002 sync processing path is a bit different when using digital sync inputs, so wiring the sync signal without termination to VGA input pin 13 and using AV3-RGBS might provide different results, but I wouldn’t have high hopes. It just seems that TVP7002’s robustness to very unusual sync signals is not on par with some other chips.

jboner1058
    Participant

Was this ever resolved? Im in the same boat. No sync on the intellivision RGB Fred Kono board

KylJoy
    Participant

Not for me.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Has anyone tried contacting Bruce Abbott and Fred Kono directly?

KylJoy
    Participant

I THINK I was able to get ahold of Bruce Abbott but it’s been a while. I think he told me that this was not his baby. I believe I became otherwise occupied after that but I’d love to have a solution for this.

KylJoy
    Participant

I found a reference to Fred Kono’s email of “fred at geemail” so I’m trying that now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.