Menu

No sync SFC

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support No sync SFC

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  WormHarvester 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

WormHarvester
    Participant

I know this topic has probably been covered a thousand times, but I’m not as tech savvy as others on this board and have had a hard time trying to translate things into layman’s terms and figure out what’s going on. Up until recently, I’ve been playing old consoles straight from the systems into a CRT. I am using RGB scart cables of varying quality but have never had issues with them on my CRT. Anyway, the CRT finally died and I decided to invest in an OSSC.

The thing works great for most of my consoles but my Super Famicom won’t sync. Admittedly it’s using a cheap RGB scart bought from ebay but when I output from my Gamecube with this same cable it syncs and displays straight away. I’ve also tried running the same cable from my PAL SNES but nothing is displaying from their either. All other consoles including Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2 and Mega Drive all display beautifully. Just don’t know where to start to solve the problem. New SFC? New Cable?

Gummi
    Participant

Did this cable work on a CRT and your SFC?
    I ask because even though the NES, SNES and GameCube all use the same multi AV out, they are not cross compatible. You can’t use a GameCube SCART cable on a SNES, they are wired differently, at least NTSC SNES.

I would also strongly caution against plugging SCART cables into consoles if you don’t know what the cable is made for and what sort of sync it is wired for, and especially not plug the same cable into both PAL and NTSC consoles as there is a possibility that you will damage or put strain/wear on the equipment on both ends.

WormHarvester
    Participant

Yeah the cable was bought for use with my SFC and worked fine on the CRT. Wasn’t aware that interchanging it between consoles could cause issues.

WormHarvester
    Participant

I was initially thinking that the cable isn’t actually outputting RGB as it’s a cheap eBay cable. Which would explain wht the ossc isnt recognising it. But if its getting a signal and it’s syncing with the ossc from my GameCube that doesn’t make sense.

WormHarvester
    Participant

Bought a new RGB SCART from retro gaming cables and it solved it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.