Menu

OSSC and ABT Scalers (VP30,50,Edge)

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC and ABT Scalers (VP30,50,Edge)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BuckoA51 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

In this thread you can discuss using the OSSC in combination with ABTs mid and high end scalers, such as the VP30, VP50, VP50 Pro and DVDO Edge/iScan Duo.

Here are our findings when using the unit with the VP50 Pro:-

https://www.videogameperfection.com/2016/06/06/ultimate-gaming-upscaler/

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

480p Line double mode seems to be incompatible on the VP50 Pro. Will test DVDO Edge later. 480i Passthrough works great with VP50 Pro however.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

480P Line x2 mode – This works on the DVDO edge but NOT the VP50 Pro. Scaling on the Edge is.. kind of “meh” with this signal. On the checkerboard test in 240p test suite we can see a lot of faults for instance:-

IMG_1164

Here are some other pictures I quickly took.

IMG_1165

IMG_1166

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  BuckoA51.

h1ghju1ce
    Participant

Has anyone tested the OSSC x2/x3 480p double modes on an VP30 ?

I didnt want to go through the testing if someone has already tried it 🙂

James
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Got a DVDO edge on its way from eBay. Am I right in thinking it can combine the audio from the OSSC into its HDMI output?

Also any tips on its use, I’m mostly using 50hz PAL content hence the EDGE rather than a VP50.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  James.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Sorry missed your post until now, yes the Edge can combine audio from OSSC and video into the same HDMI signal no problem. Edge also works with Pal linetriple, though we’d still recommend 60hz consoles wherever possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.