Menu

OSSC Colors really dark, except 960p

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC Colors really dark, except 960p

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ClarkDV
    Participant

Hi everybody, I noticed the OSSC looks over saturated, to the point where dark colors are too dark and you almost can’t see anything. However, when I line double to 960p or quadruple to 960p, the color is different, and more accurately matches the color of my CRT. Has anyone else noticed this? Anything I can do to fix it on lower resolutions?

ClarkDV
    Participant

Actually, it may be the opposite of what I said. It really only seems like Dreamcast looks good at 960p, in terms of resolution and color reproduction. It may just be my tv, unless there’s any settings that increase color when doubled?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I’d look into calibrating your set, remember the OSSC works in full 4:4:4 colour space so you may need to change that on your TV too.

James
    Participant

What TV do you have? Check your HDMI black level is set to Full/Normal. Seems like a settings mismatch to me if its just the OSSC affected.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.