Menu

OSSC init error -2

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC init error -2

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marqs 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

skullknightx
    Participant

Made a terrible mistake yesterday and used an incompatible PSU with my OSSC. never put psu’s with identical tips in the same area . unit now displays ” Init Error -2″ on boot. Just wanted to check to see if anyone has seen this issue in that past and or if there is a potential resolution path. I sure hope that it is not bricked, this is the center piece of my scaling set up and pride / joy. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Morpheus_79
    Participant

What was that incompatible PSU you are talking about? Had it the wrong polarity? Too much voltage?

According to this post:

Init error -4

“Init error -2” = Error: could not read from THS7353

So there seems to be a problem with the video amplifier IC… or at least with the communication with it. Could be a damaged regulator (TLV70033/U6) or the IC (U17) itself – but that’s just an amateur guessing.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Morpheus_79.

skullknightx
    Participant

To much voltage, the psu was rated for 12v of output. the unit did not come up which is how i caught the mistake, immediately unplugged and attempted with the correct supply. i cannot be completely sure that this was the source and not a strange coincidence however that is most likely wishful thinking. good find on the error breakdown, i am going to take a closer look tonight and see if i can figure anything out / take a closer look. I really appreciate the input

Morpheus_79
    Participant

As far as i can see (and understand) the schematics:

https://www.niksula.hut.fi/~mhiienka/ossc/diy-v1.5/ossc_v1.5-diy_schematic.pdf

… the U5 (AP7361C) and U6 (TLV70033) regulators are directly connected to the power switch. Both are responsible for driving the video A/D converter (TVP7002PZP/U1) and the later one for driving the video amplifier too. So hopefully just U6 or (at worst) U5 and U6 were damaged and nothing else. Cause they are not only cheap to buy but easy to replace too.

marqs
    Participant

Yeah, in best case only U6 is damaged. After replament I’d still measure all regulator outputs just to be sure they are in ok range.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.