Menu

OSSC no output with PC monitor both red & green led illuminated

Home Forums OSSC OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC no output with PC monitor both red & green led illuminated

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tiff_lee 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tiff_lee
    Participant

Hi all, recently received my OSSC and unfortunately it looks like my TV is a bit of a fussy bugger and won’t work with my neogeo (unsupported signal) so was trying to use it with my pc monitor.

While the OSSC syncs fine with the neogeo (green led illuminatedand resolution, frequency settings shown) the moment I connect the HDMI cable with DVI adaptor to my monitor the red led also comes on (green still on), the moment I uplug the cable from the monitor the red led goes off?
    I also tested the monitor using my PS1 (which works fine wuth the TV) but same issue, OSSC syncs connect to monitor then red and green LED.

Am I missing something here? I tried changing the TX mode from HDMI to DVI but same thing, green led and then as soon as its connected red led comes on as well.

cheers, Lee

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Hi Lee,

The OSSC is working ok with your TV but not your monitor is that what you’re saying here or it doesn’t work with your TV either?

tiff_lee
    Participant

Hi Bucko,

yeah works fine with TV but not with monitor.

Using my PS1 as example the sync data comes up as RGBS 625i 15.62KHz 50.00Hz (this is the menu screen with game installed), green LED illuminates and works fine with TV. Once I plug the OSSC into the monitor the red LED also comes on (green still illuminated) and no output, not even the test pattern when you first turn on, the moment you unplug the monitor red LED extinguishes.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  tiff_lee.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

have you tried another HDMI to DVI adapter?

tiff_lee
    Participant

So tried using a HDMI > DVI-D single link & dual link adaptor, ATI/AMD ones that come bundled with graphics cards and with both of them the OSSC just brings up a red led as soon as plugged into the monitor.

Tried using straight HDMI into my newer monitor and works fine, so not sure if the issue is my old monitor specifically or the HDMI to DVI adaptor. No great shakes I just won’t use that monitor just seems odd that it brings up the red (and green) LED for no obvious reason.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.